Thread: Vocalists
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
In my humble opinion, the best sounding vocalist in this band is Stephanie Lynn Nicks.

Yet she refuses to record her honeyed voice with LJMC.

Anyone, Lindsey, Chris, got Sheryl Crow's phone number? If she was going to replace Christine, surely she's good enough to replace Stevie. Besides, Chris is an alto. Sheryl and Stevie are both contraltos the last time I checked. And despite what someone on here claims, Stevie has a bigger range than three notes and Sheryl most definitely does too.
I disagree. I think LB has the best voice. Stevie's tone quality is like nails on a chalkboard (sometimes). And Christine is very shaky at times which shakes her off pitch. LB is hoarse at times, but he sounds great live.

As for Stevie's range. Listening to her sing some of her songs is heartbreaking. Dreams is an easy example where she takes no risk whatsoever. I cringed during SOTM. She did great on GDW.

Christine was near perfect on Songbird one night, then the next very shaky.

LB for all my FMac & BuckVie shows was pretty solid. He was off pitch on Red Sun and it drove me crazy because he never corrected during the chorus. These guys act like they're old or something. lol