View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
Ok, Go Your Own Way was written in mid to late 1975, during the first FM tour. Stevie and Lindsey "officially" broke up during the last days of the Sausalito sessions- approx. April of 1976- but he (and she) actually have expressed that they were not an exclusive couple by that time- Lindsey called it a slow death leading up to this- I'll find the quotes. He was already living with a new girlfriend by Feb. 1977.
A VERY slow death...

"August 24, 1977...One more time, on the plane. As usual, Lindsey is his usual asshole self. I am slowly coming to the conclusion that Lindsey and I are at an end. So sad to see good love go bad."

"Lindsey and I had been going together from about 1971 to 1976. But we never really broke up until that moment [his leaving in 1987]."

Asked when she knew the romance was really over, Nicks said, "The day his first child was born. I knew that was it ... that was the definitive thing."

"'There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die.’ Seventeen and sixteen. We’ve been together that long. There’s not many people that we have known as long as we’ve known each other. Mick and I are friends in a way that Lindsey and I could never be friends. We’re just best friends. Our relationship didn’t last a long time, Mick’s and mine. It was a year.

....and we dovetail from her and Mick's relationship - not friendship - into her and Lindsey's, an interesting comparison here, I think...

And Lindsey’s and mine’s relationship lasted from when we first met in 1968 and I joined his band up until now."

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"