View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I agree with this. It is safer, besides, it is in keeping with what they've tended to do in the past-- have different interviewers record pieces in whatever soundstage where they are rehearsing. It saves the band a lot of running around and makes scheduling easier to just have a day or two where all the interviewers come to them rather than them going all over.

I guarantee there were managers etc standing right out of camera range ready to nip any untoward questions right in the bud.
Yes, I'm sure you're right... much the same way it was when Christine and Lindsey were interviewed by CBS last year. Or during the print interview Lindsey gave in which his agent or manager or somebody intervened when the interviewer asked why Stevie wasn't on the Buck Vie album. As you said, nipping any untoward questions right in the bud. The band members are all cut from the same cloth.

It is definitely safer for the band to do a pre-taped piece, but also more practical. The band is rehearsing and getting ready for their tour, plus unless John or Christine are specifically asked a question, they won't say a word. I imagine the same might be true of Mike, so I'm glad the interview will be pre-taped. It guarantees we'll hear something from each member.