View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can see where an overlap in material might be a point of contention or negotiation-- e.g., "please don't do GYOW or whatever which is a big part of the FM repertoire in your solo shows"....but otherwise... I mean, no offense to LB, but the audiences that go to his solo shows (and I'm one of them) aren't going to wipe out huge profits from FM

I mean really, what songs are we talking about that could overlap with both gigs? GYOW? SHN? Tusk? I can see them not wanting him to do those in both places, and having that debate.

Diehard fans would try and see both shows (same if it were Stevie doing smaller venues and stripped down versions of her songs whilst on a Mac tour). And yes, honestly, if it were Stevie her doing solo shows might well impact ticket sales for FM as she's a main draw for many of the more casual fans as well.

Still, while I get the legitimate arguments that can be made business-wise on both sides, I'm trying to envision how it got to the breaking point. If people were saying it was Lindsey who pitched a fit and said, "That's it, I'm out" it would make a lot more sense to me. But them saying, 'look, you're fired'.... Again, if it was a biz negotiation and they gave him an ultimatum of "either you do just the Mac tour or your solo tour, but not both" and forced HIM to make the choice, again I would understand.

But the stories coming out are that THEY kicked him out. Further, we hear that Stevie said she couldn't work with him anymore or wouldn't, and that possibly Mick polled promoters to see who they thought would sell more seats, Stevie or Lindsey, and then decided accordingly who could stay in and who had to leave the band.

The more I think about it, the only way it makes sense is if the band said to him, we won't support the solo gigs, and you need to commit to just FM or just solo but not both, and he chose solo. It's harder to get to the convo of "you're fired" based on this business stuff..

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-13-2018 at 12:32 PM..