View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree, there's a world of difference between an opening act playing their own gig on a night off and someone from the same band playing a solo gig on a night off. The Pretenders only did it a few times, anyway, but even if they had done it 100 times, it's not the same thing. I would have this opinion whether it was Lindsey asking for it or it was Stevie asking for it. It would be ridiculous for Stevie to ask to perform solo shows on the nights FM had off.

I feel badly for Lindsey because this reeks of bad timing that's probably out of his control. He probably agreed to this tour last year, I mean he's mentioned before FM was going on your in 2018, but his record company probably dictates when they'll release the record, so that's out of his control, but of course he would want to perform solo gigs when the record is released. Likewise, I can see why the rest of the band doesn't like the idea that one of their frontline band members would be dividing his time between two tours. Logistically it's crazy, plus it's competition for their own tour.