View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I really didn't take it that way, but it is possible. However, of the 5 tours I've seen FM (Behind the Mask, the Dance, Say You Will, Greatest Hits, and the current one), I've never seen them as affectionate and genuinely happy as they are on this current tour. Christine and Stevie seemed really close, as did Neil and Christine and Neil and Stevie. And Mike seemed really close to Christine. Seeing Christine perform on stage like never before was inspiring to me. I don't think they're so happy and upbeat because Lindsey isn't there, but because Neil and Mike have clearly inspired them. That may sound like semantics to some people, but I really believe that's why this tour may be different. If Taku was saying the positivity was due to Lindsey's absence, well he has the right to say that, too. It's his perception/opinion, after all. But I really don't think that's what he meant.
yes and for years Lindsey and Stevie put on a great show of affection for each other.

In other words, how they act onstage, whilst putting on a show is not necessarily indicative of anything that goes on offstage. Stevie often stays in a totally different hotel to the rest of the band. So when not on the same stage or airplane together, who knows how much time they actually spend together or what the nature of the relationship is. Not saying they don't, just saying what happens onstage isn't a gauge of what happens offstage.