View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Junior Ledgie

I agree that it's more important to capture vibe/spirit rather than cast someone who resembles the person. However, for the three singer/singwriters, I feel like their voice and songwriting style is a very important part of their persona. So I would actually go and try to cast singers who can act, especially for Stevie and Christine.

Lindsey's voice isn't superspecial, and I think a dedicated actor with some singing talent could learn. Bradley Cooper, as some people have suggested, I think could really work

As for Stevie and Christine, they have such distinct voices - Christine's alto and Stevie with that sexy rasp - that anyone portraying them would need to have a similar voice. Clothes, haircut, make up and movement and such is no big deal for an actor, but it you're an actor and not a singer, I don't think it'd be possible to learn to sing with a certain voice and have it sound great.

Basically, I would just love for some pretty much unknown singer/singwriters to be cast as Chris and Stevie. I think a talented singer could use the music to really get into character, if you see what I'm saying.

Also, what's good about using unknown people is that there isn't that risk of feeling like you're looking at, say, Jennifer Lawrence acting as Stevie Nicks. Even if Jennifer's performence is great, what you already know about Jen and her personality might overshadow what she's doing with the character, which would be a shame.

As for John and Mick... I don't think they'd be very difficult to cast.