View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Rob, the US is a great country and Americans as a people are well-meaning folk. We tend to pick sh!tty leaders, though. Has this country done a lot of good? No doubt. But more often than not we have picked the wrong governments to back.

Japan and Iraq are very different situations. Let's not even compare them.

Hey, I hope you're right about the eventual outcome of this mess, but I'm pretty sure you're not. Time will tell indeed.

This whole Saddam thing is too much of a distraction, which I suspect is exactly what the Bushers had in mind in the first place. Look, today I have bigger concerns:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in589137.shtml

So the chairman of the 9/11 commission thinks the attacks could have been prevented? Why am I not surprised? Why does the administration's effort to keep this report under wraps make so much sense to me? And remember what I said about that peculiar flight on Sept. 12 (maybe it was the 13th)? I'm not into conspiracy theories, but man, there's just too much that doesn't make sense.
Yeah, like why Bush sat there for 20 minutes after the second plane hit and continued to read a goat story to children in an elementary school while Ari Fleischer held up a sign in the back of the room that said "Don't say anything yet." He should have left immediately. That's just the tip of the iceberg.