View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So you don't have History of the Eagles? It's FANTASTIC. I've watched it probably 50 times. I've made DVD copies for probably a dozen people. I have a set in my car right now, because I was talking to an old man at a bar last week, and he was telling me how much he loved The Eagles. I told him I'd have him a Xmas present the next time I saw him(even though I'd never met him before). Hey, Don Henley's got plenty of money!

Honestly, I've just never given Steely Dan a chance. I don't own any, either. My prejudiced take on it is that it's probably too jazzy for me. With Christine being a big fan, you'd have thought I'd have tried it. Nope!

I'd have LOVED to have gotten sh*tfaced with her, back in the day. Couple bottles of wine and some blow? SIGN ME UP!

I know the old goat fills at least half of the seats. There's no accounting for taste! Those are "lowest common denominator people"!!!
When I was an early teen. There was a girl in my neighborhood who had an aunt who would watch those crazy Christian channels where everything was satanic and everyone going to hell. She sent her parents these cassette tapes from these preachers talking about rock bands and their satanic influence. Hotel California was a major topic of discussion. The "Beast" was considered Satan. But I forgot about the shadowy figure on the back of the album that was supposedly a tribute to Satan which of course the band denied. They also went off on Fleetwood Mac and those crystal balls on the White album and Rumours and how the band was into the occult.
Here is a short clip that brought back the memories of Satan and Hotel California

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QmYKgYLJfM