Thread: Portland
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlforan View Post
Portland OR Sept 10 2008 Gift of Screws

I had the privilege to not only go to see Lindsey but go from my balcony seat to front row center! No one was even sitting in the second row??? So, I went Insane and relocated myself. It was magical! Thirty years of wanting to thank Lindsey (FM) for the music...I went up to him put my hand on his boot, and sort of patted his leg and just soaked it up. He stayed right there and played the entire song...yeah, I too was wondering if he was going to let anyone play his guitar... I behaved myself and was mesmerized the whole song-the energy ahh...that was it, thats all I have wanted for years! To just say thank you for the music, it has healed me throughout my whole life-

At the end he was using a pick on one song and threw it right down in front of me on the stage. I asked a guy to give me a foot up after it was over and am now the proud owner of Lindseys pick....hahaha

It has a picture of a pick on it with a slash over it, no pick. Also NIN on the back? Nine inch nails? hm. He was as always, incredible.

One thing I have noticed on the many reviews all over the internet is a lot of people seem to criticize anything they don't understand, the guy at the concert who yelled something about sermons? Lindsey didn't "baffle" everyone in the audience, I get him. The way I see it is he is trying to explain just where his songs come from, he's an artist, right brained...english is his second language, music is his first...Maybe it is the rose colored contacts I wear at every concert, but I don't notice Anything but the positive- Makes for a much better time-We choose to see what we want- Haha, hope I don't sound like I am giving a sermon Just expressing myself...

It did seem to take the audience a little encouragement to let themselves go, not worry about what other people thought, and enjoy the way they wanted, - I just happened to be the "energizer Bunny" in the front, when I got home I had a nice bruise on my hand from clapping, cheering...

I want to thank Celticgypsy and her hubby for the INCREDIBLE picture of Lindsey- beautiful, its my desktop background, and hey...that head in the middle at the bottom?...that's me~ Peace to the Planet Heather

You're welcome, Heather! Only wish we could have taken more pics but an elderly usher woman told us to stop or our camera would be taken away
We were taught to obey our elders

So I close my eyes softly
Til I become that part of the wind

♥Debra♥