View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
well, david, you always make me laugh. lindsey will never translate GYOW into weirdness. No, this is going to be a performance that is "acceptable", at maximum. Bwleeeeeeh. He's going Stevies way. Bwleeeeeeh twice.

BTW: thanks for the info Kristin!
Oh come on now, buddy. It's just one song, one show, one night. He's not gone Stevie's way yet. He actually put out a disc of new material and played quite a bit of it live this last tour, remember? Stevie would never, ever do that.

And, I don't think he has to translate GYOW into weirdness for any reason. It's his mainstream hit, and likely remains his biggest source of income through ASCAP/BMI whichever he's registered through. As much as he can play to be like, "don't yell out for GYOW too soon and we'll all get along fine" ... he's gotta still be all about it, if for no other reason than the chaching it brings. Serious dough off that song... and his other stuff doesn't really sell that well, so if he has to pound it into the ground to keep it going and keep him in a position that he can continue to make "boutique" albums... that's fine by me.