View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up agree with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Hey Sue!

I think there is a lot to expect from Lindsey at this point. I'm sure he will continue working in earnest on his solo career, especially now that he is free from the dead weight of FM. I'd bet that he will work more with other artists in the capacity of recording, producing, and playing with them.

Funny, I can tell by you sig line that you are(were) predominantly a Stevie fan, as was I. Yet the general consensus amongst most FM fans, even the ones like us, is that Lindsey getting fired was stupid!

I'm looking forward to the guitar god known as Lindsey Buckingham to blow us away! I'm sure we can expect a lot of good things to come from him. This anthology set is looking very interesting to me. I've already pre-ordered it on Amazon.
I agree with you that he will be very very busy. I was a big Stevie fan when I had started here (in 05) and Mac starting about 1988 (the last time Lindsey left though it was 87) but my opinions have changed through the yrs as well as I am sure many other long time fans. It was such a stupid move on there part. I haven't seen them live since 03 the SYW tour and Lindsey was amazing really , he did much better than Stevie that night. I haven't seen Stevie either since 08. The high cost of ticket prices and well the Greatest hits machine thing just gets old. I still have bought the deluxe editions of the Mac and Stevie stuff though I think there's much more that can still be released . I always feel as fans we get the short end of the stick. When we should be there 'bread and butter' so to speak. It is what it is. I probably need to get rid of some of my 'collections' just not sure what route to take and all. Plus the time involved. Other than keeping what I really like some of it just isn't the big deal it once was ya know. Anyway, I do hope he has continued success. I so look forward to this release. It would be cool if he'd do a guitar instrumental lp like Peter Frampton did. I so love Frampton. I won't see Mac on this tour. Wish I could see Lindsey but doesn't look like I will be able to go that night he's here. I will have to read all the posts here. Maybe he'll release another live cd/dvd that would be cool too for this tour. The possibilities are endless for him. Well, great talking with you and we'll talk again for sure!! Take care!! I wrote those song captions along time ago guess I need to change them up some. Stevie gets on my nerves now some, part of me will always love certain periods but not everything thats for sure. Guess some won't like that statement but to each his /her own. Just how I feel now.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."