View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Well, if he did the required time, what more could he do? I mean, he satisfied the National Guard's rules.

Also, I submit that becoming a F-102 fighter pilot required at least a minimum amount of training, which took a significant amount of time; also, becoming a F-102 fighter piolt belies the argument that W is an idiot. I mean it takes some smarts to operate that aircraft. So, although he cannot speak very well , he is not a complete and total idiot as come assert.

Note: I am not saying W did not get advantages from his family's status. I am just saying the NG was satisfied with his performance, so he was not AWOL as that term is defined, i.e., he had leave and fulfilled his duty according to their rules no matter what we may think of the way it was fulfilled.
Absolutely, but the nature of Bush-Hate (or any politician for that matter) means you have to dig through every single minute of the person’s entire life so you can find an inconsistency and go “AH-HAH! Look how bad he is!!!” Assumptions and allegations about events that happened 30 years ago are irrelevant to me judging a current situation. Besides, these same people who use this argument were defending Clinton for being a Rhodes Scholar, or whatever he was, during the war. It is all BS because there are few real issues they have to complain about.

Just my 2 cents…

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller