View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Mere speculation, but I believe part of the impasse was that Stevie couldn't stand to see Lindsey being more chummy with Christine than her. She hated that they did a record and tour together. She hated it even more when he showed more attention to her on stage at the classic east and west shows. Don't **** with the classic Stevie/Lindsey melodrama mantra. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Anybody?
I think she was mad at him on the last tour and they got into lots of spats (and in my opinion a lot of that was hugely influenced by him being frustrated that she wasn't agreeing to do an album), so she had something against him to begin with. But unlike other times in the past where's been really mad and then gets over it/he makes it up by the next tour which goes better (Say You Will going onto Unleashed and on being a good example), the Buckingham McVie album only made her more pissed at him. I 100% believe she was very bothered by that album and them touring together. Maybe jealousy isn't the right word, but I COMPLETELY think that while she didn't want to get in the studio with him, she did not remotely expect them to release their own duo and tour it and so she just was not happy about it. Maybe with their battle of the wills it felt to her like a move by him to spite her somehow and maybe he did indeed partially mean it that way, a sort of "Okay Stevie, you don't want to record, then fine. I'm done waiting around for you, we're moving forward." Who even knows. I think that really had a big role in exacerbating the situation and getting it to this point. She's always had her up-and-down, ever-changing feelings about Lindsey but throw in this new resentment/jealousy/contempt on top of an already 'down' period, then comes Tom Petty's death, then comes a conflict about the tour which equals a chance to bring Tom's and her friend Mike Campbell into the band, and then here we are.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 05-17-2018 at 06:53 PM..