View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Lindsey produced the song at Mick's request. Lindsey told me directly that he did it as a favor for Mick. So as big a douche as Mick can be, he really is the one that stays in touch with people and puts the most value on relationships (not 100%, but then who is)
That was one of my points from my earlier post. They were all chummy after Bob left. But with all things with Mick, when it comes to money he will throw you overboard or cut ties if it profits him.
Sadly, this will be the reason he will welcome Lindsey back for the "Farewell tour." He knows the last tour with the final 5 will be more profitable so that is why I think it will happen.
One of the best stories Bob told on his old website was that he ran into Lindsey at a club or bar shortly after Lindsey joined and Lindsey confronted Bob "How did you stand these people." Bob said something like "I know your pain."
We can only speculate but Bob became a threat to Mick during the worst part in Mick's life thus even the small amount Bob was asking for would have hurt Mick's lifestyle and forced him to spend money on attorneys. Lindsey, Stevie, and Christine had left. Chris recorded Time but would not tour. Mick tried to keep the band going with playing small clubs or special events/tours. Prior to the Dance, this was Fleetwood Mac's darkest days. Mick was not a writer of any of the Mac's songs so it limited his share of album sales. Mick never thought that Christine, Lindsey or Stevie would ever come back to the band. His lifestyle slipping away and now comes Bob suing for royalties of albums that were not even platinum. Good grief, how much was he asking? It could not have been that much but when your world is sinking, you need every dollar you can get. Bob was dead to him and he convinced the band just like with the Irving/Stevie firing of Lindsey to go along with him. And they supported his actions. We would not have known too much about this if it was not for the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame snub.
Lindsey was right, Mick definitely is Piggy in the middle.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-21-2020 at 07:56 AM..