View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I wasn't trying to be funny, but I appreciate your honest answers I do think it's interesting you and some other folks are specifically holding Stevie and Mick responsible. It was a 5 member band. According to your scenario, Stevie and Mick wanted Lindsey out. Why are Christine and John not as responsible? You said "especially Stevie and Mick. They are to blame for Lindsey's firing." Let's say I accept your speculation and Stevie and Mick are to blame for Lindsey's firing- Christine and John have a voice in all this.

Frankly, I think it's almost funny that no one is as outraged at Christine as they are at Stevie and Mick. Christine just recorded an album with Lindsey and went on a several month tour with him, they were blowing kisses at each other and talking about how great and wonderful their collaboration was and appeared on several tv shows together. Maybe John and Christine felt intimidated by Stevie and were afraid to speak up? Maybe they wanted Lindsey out? Maybe there's a lot we don't know.
No no. All 4 are to blame and Christine breaks my heart the most. She just said she loves Lindsey like a brother during one of her interviews on the Buck/Vie tour. They love to play together and enjoy each other so much. Christine mouths almost every word that Lindsey sings. The betrayal of her shocks me.
I know you are smart. The Stevie/Lindsey saga has went on for 40 years. What I don't get is how so many paint Stevie as some victim. She is one of the most power women in rock and has one of the most successful careers in the music industry. She is NOT a helpless victim that so many make her out to be. Stevie refused to join Fleetwood Mac in the studio and made up fairy tales that I know you are smart enough to not believe. She does not get along with Lindsey and vice versa. There is no doubt in my mind Stevie threw down the gauntlet and said I will not tour with Lindsey. She made up a story about not recording with Lindsey but she cant use that same story about not selling tickets because everyone knows the tour will sell tickets. Several months ago Lindsey was the MOST optimistic about Fleetwood Mac's future saying there were many more tours coming. Mick was not so sure but Lindsey did not want to call it quits. The same Stevie that refused to come into the studio with Lindsey also refused to go on the road with Lindsey. Yes they fight and they both do unfair stuff to each other. If the Mac fired Stevie over Lindsey my point would be exactly the same. I am not the one with the double standard. This is wrong and it needs to be called out. Christine is gutless just like she was with Bob Welch. She betrayed her musical mentor and dream guitarist. I mention Mick and Stevie because I expect this from them the most. I don't get it when you say there is lots we don't know. Really? Stevie lied to get out of recording with Fleetwood Mac. She kept extending her tour to not deal with it. Then she went on vacation for 3 months. The SAME reason she did what she did about the album is the SAME reason she did this with the tour. There is no mystery here.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-11-2018 at 05:45 PM..