View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I had to wear a uniform to school so those rules sound pretty reasonable to me!
lol I know! Very lenient even. I went to (had to go to) Gordonstoun and I switched to Rugby School at 6th form - thank god!

Princess Anne was a regular visitor cause of her involvement in Gordonstoun and Zara was attending when I was there. Ugh. I mean they're nice people but I'm so glad I'm out of that kind of environment now. That school was in love with itself and never stopped reminding us that we were the school of royalty - what a load of wank!

Rugby was much better. Obviously still an independent school but just a nicer environement. Needless to say though that I wore a stupid looking uniform every day and was a boarder so there was no point in even trying to get away with too much cause you're surrounded by your school 24/7. But still like I said, I didn't mind my time at Rugby.

Do they have schools like that in the US? It all seems to be no uniforms and like those schools in movies which look 0% like any kind of school I've been to. Even the private ones there look different, except for maybe that one in dead poets society. That's the closest american form I've seen of what school was like.