Thread: So...now what?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I especially adore the songwriting of Christine McVie (especially her songs from "Bare Trees" and "Mystery To Me" which are off the charts stellar), and I also love the production/arrangements of Lindsey Buckingham. I'd rank Rumours and Tusk in my short list of favorite albums of all-time. I think I've work out my vinyl copies of each.

Stevie Nicks is a bit more hit or miss for me. "Storms", "Beautiful Child", and "Sisters of The Moon" are unbelievable gems, but I find many of her songs repetitive and uninteresting.

And, of course, Fleetwood/McVie is one of the top rhythm sections in rock music history. The work they did on songs like "You Make Loving Fun" and "Dreams" is just mind-blowing. I love that they play to highlight the song rather than call attention to their world class talent.

And I also love the songs of Danny Kirwan. What a loss that was. Danny wrote so many great songs especially "Dust" and "Woman of 1000 Years" and "Sands of Time" and "Dragonfly".

I also liked the work of Bob Welch and thought he did some great work with the band. I'm not as big into blues rock, but I recognize the brilliance of Peter Green as well.
You and I must be twins separated at birth. You have described my opinion of Fleetwood Mac perfectly. I don't think I like Stevie as much as you do, and I also include the White Album on my fave album short list, but otherwise you have expressed my opinions exactly, even to your praise of Christine's early songs.