Thread: So...now what?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Yup! Seems to be a Finn fan attempting to create some good will and new fans for him. I’ve seen a lot of posts about Neil as well as tons of Neil vids from this person, and nothing about FM or Lindsey other than claiming how he / she loves them. Kinda like many of us joined Campbell groups when the news were first breaking. From all their posts so far looks like this person is only here now because Neil who seems to be their favorite musician has now joined FM and this person goes wherever Neil goes.
Nope. I'm a huge fan of Fleetwood Mac. One of my favorite bands of all-time.

I especially adore the songwriting of Christine McVie (especially her songs from "Bare Trees" and "Mystery To Me" which are off the charts stellar), and I also love the production/arrangements of Lindsey Buckingham. I'd rank Rumours and Tusk in my short list of favorite albums of all-time. I think I've work out my vinyl copies of each.

Stevie Nicks is a bit more hit or miss for me. "Storms", "Beautiful Child", and "Sisters of The Moon" are unbelievable gems, but I find many of her songs repetitive and uninteresting.

And, of course, Fleetwood/McVie is one of the top rhythm sections in rock music history. The work they did on songs like "You Make Loving Fun" and "Dreams" is just mind-blowing. I love that they play to highlight the song rather than call attention to their world class talent.

And I also love the songs of Danny Kirwan. What a loss that was. Danny wrote so many great songs especially "Dust" and "Woman of 1000 Years" and "Sands of Time" and "Dragonfly".

I also liked the work of Bob Welch and thought he did some great work with the band. I'm not as big into blues rock, but I recognize the brilliance of Peter Green as well.

So overall, Fleetwood Mac is clearly one of my favorite bands ever. You'll find that my posts highlight the brilliance of Fleetwood Mac (and Neil Finn) and stay clear of the negativity that permeates so many of these threads.