View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I presented Stevie's side of the argument and you presumed I agree with her side. I do not. BUT, Buckingham McVie IS a Fleetwood Mac album. New music happened and it happened without Stevie. A tour behind the 2017 Fleetwood Mac album also happened.
So, why was Lindsey not satisfied with the 2014-2015 tour and the 2017 tour being the Fleetwood Mac crowning achievement and farewell?
I think some of his sense of lack of closure boils down to his relationship with Stevie rather than his relationship with Fleetwood Mac per se. Many times in recent years (ever since The Dance, really), he's talked about his (musical and personal) relationship with her being a work in progress, and has said over and over that the two of them haven't written the final pages in that book—two young people who forged ahead together with musical dreams, and so on.

This abrupt separation from the band puts the close on any such hopes he had to satisfactorily complete his story vis-à-vis Stevie. I think at least some of his pain is right there. Thoughts?

moviekinks.blogspot.com