View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Are YOU kidding ME?

Fleetwood Mac stopped being a blues band back 1969 with Albatross. Then Play On, Kiln House, Future Games, Bare Trees, Penguin, Mystery To Me, and Heroes Are Hard To Find were pretty far removed from the blues. There might have been an anecdotal song or two, if that, but those were not blues albums. “Sunny Side of Heaven,” “Sentimental Lady,” and “Spare Me A Little” were every bit the pop masterpieces as anything on 1975 album.

I don’t know if I would have picked it over SYLM or Blue Letter, TBH.
I broke my rule to not respond to your posts because its like a dog chasing its tale. I never said The White album was a blues album nor 1975 Fleetwood Mac, a blues band. I said they transformed from a Blues Band.
I recall even in Micks first book exclaiming it was a no brainer which song would be the first single. I saw a Lindsey interview many years ago commenting it OMG it was Fleetwood Mac WITH hits. You can hear in Christine's singing in the song she has a blues influence.
You don't care for the song, and I am not that crazy about it either. That was NOT anyone's point. Christine has many bluesy singing and sounds on her entire catalog especially the albums you mention.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-05-2019 at 05:52 PM..