View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yeah I guess I don't understand this whole "get over it" comment. I can't imagine this same group of posters getting over it if they decided to fire Stevie in 2012 (or in 2018). Their next step is to characterize everyone who hasn't gotten over it as some sort of "Lindsey superfan," and while that is the case for some people, I think it's a pretty broad label to apply. I am a Fleetwood Mac fan first and foremost - I've long considered the fivesome to be significantly superior together than any have been without the others. I am not ready to just "get over it" and it has nothing to do with me taking sides in the Lindsey vs. Stevie ridiculousness. It has to do with the fact that my favorite band is now parading around the country with two new members who have nothing to do with the band's catalog because the remaining band members felt one of the five was simply replaceable. And the fact that they can go out with the Fleetwood Mac brand and play to large crowds with basically anybody with ability playing and singing Lindsey's part says more about the fanbase than anything else. I don't want to see anybody replacing any of these people in Fleetwood Mac at this point in time.

This has not taken over my existence as some of the posters would imply when these threads inevitably keep showing up - my life is just fine and generally not impacted in any way by the shenanigans of Fleetwood Mac (aside from saving money). But when I come to The Ledge, I sure as hell am not just going to ignore the gigantic elephant in the room - this is where I come to talk to other rabid Fleetwood Mac fans about what's going on in Fleetwood Mac. Quite honestly, Lindsey being fired is the most insane and newsworthy thing to happen since The Dance. I suspect this "little" topic will define most rabid FM fan conversations for a long time.

I agree. I am a rabid FM fan and I don't like how people assume that just because I support Lindsey that I am some rabid Lindsey who hates the other members of FM because I don't. I am mad at SN for what happened but I don't hate her. Ticket sales haven't been great by FM standards. If people from crappy seats are being moved up to much better seats what does that tell you.

His firing isn't going to ruin my life or anything. I know there are bigger problems in the world but this still bugs me. I come here to have rational discussions on his firing.

Social Media is very bad though as the endless FM groups etc have tons of crazed SN fans. They are bat**** crazy and defend her to the ends of the earth. They have an excuse for everything and Lindsey is to blame for everything.