View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's interesting to read people's posts still being puzzled why are most hardcore FM fans not "moving on". in order to move on you gotta have some type of closure. we had band's lies and then Lindsey's lawsuit with a very different version of what happened. and then band settling lawsuit as fast as they could (after bsing "we will see you in court! ), in a way that gave Lindsey most of what he asked for which tells you he had a great case - he was right & they were wrong.

so in order to move on, band would have to apologize to Lindsey and eat back their lies. Stevie and Mick in particular.

that would provide a closure, to be able to move on.
Yeah I guess I don't understand this whole "get over it" comment. I can't imagine this same group of posters getting over it if they decided to fire Stevie in 2012 (or in 2018). Their next step is to characterize everyone who hasn't gotten over it as some sort of "Lindsey superfan," and while that is the case for some people, I think it's a pretty broad label to apply. I am a Fleetwood Mac fan first and foremost - I've long considered the fivesome to be significantly superior together than any have been without the others. I am not ready to just "get over it" and it has nothing to do with me taking sides in the Lindsey vs. Stevie ridiculousness. It has to do with the fact that my favorite band is now parading around the country with two new members who have nothing to do with the band's catalog because the remaining band members felt one of the five was simply replaceable. And the fact that they can go out with the Fleetwood Mac brand and play to large crowds with basically anybody with ability playing and singing Lindsey's part says more about the fanbase than anything else. I don't want to see anybody replacing any of these people in Fleetwood Mac at this point in time.

This has not taken over my existence as some of the posters would imply when these threads inevitably keep showing up - my life is just fine and generally not impacted in any way by the shenanigans of Fleetwood Mac (aside from saving money). But when I come to The Ledge, I sure as hell am not just going to ignore the gigantic elephant in the room - this is where I come to talk to other rabid Fleetwood Mac fans about what's going on in Fleetwood Mac. Quite honestly, Lindsey being fired is the most insane and newsworthy thing to happen since The Dance. I suspect this "little" topic will define most rabid FM fan conversations for a long time.