View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And because most of FM fans KNOW that, this last tour wasn't successful under FM standards of success. 3 Forums is not the same as 5. Same with MSG, same with the European leg and the non existant Australian leg. We all know that, and that's why many fans chose to give FM their backs. That's what hurt them the most: poor ticket sales (again, under FM standards).

Oh, she ruined it indeed. But she doesn't care. Because she was inducted, you know. None of them care. Christine maybe. I really hope she said goodbye after the end of this tour.

A lot of interesting points here. Ones I've been kicking around for the last few months. I totally agree--ticket sales for this tour are not up to FM standards. Yes they are selling, but scalpers were on the hook here and folks in the back of the arena were getting upgraded to better seats so it doesn't look so empty up front. Folks that would normally pay to be up front just aren't. Folks (even supporters of this lineup) are saying they aren't willing to pay the prices for this tour. If this is their "Farewell Tour" I would say it's not a success by "Farewell Tour" standards. They are not even going to Australia (as of yet) and one of their ringers is a local. Mick himself has said the band still needs to tighten some things up here. They are pulling out the songs that made this tour appealing, and new and different. I would have to think Mick will want one more tour --Christine could say she's out unless LB is back. I wouldn't be surprised. She's got nothing to lose. Azoff might be able to strong arm Stevie here too to make it happen.