Thread: Hold Me
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
None of that supports your theory that Mirage was in production long before 1981, because your theory is completely inaccurate.

You appear to be having a senior moment, strand.
Well, That's Alright has a 1973 or 74 demo. and Gypsy was recorded for BD, which began recording in 1979

So, it appears that some where in production, though clearly not completed.

In any event, here is what I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
As an aside - in the BD RS cover photoshoot in, say 1981 - La Nicks is playing some songs from Mirage - I think Wish You Were Here, Can't Go Back, That's Alright, and maybe another were played. I cannot remember if Hold me was played. This leads me to believe that some of the Mirage songs were holdovers in a somewhat completed form from the Tusk recording sessions or shortly thereafter. That's Alright was written in like 1974. In the end, while they worked on the Mirage songs after the Tusk tour - many of them had vocals laid down prior to that, though those vocals may not have been on the prior product.
Based on all that was discussed above and that Mirage songs were played in their completed form in Aug. or Sept. 1981, it is not beyond speculation that some of the songs were around in one form or another prior to 1981, esp. considering Tusk was released in Oct. 1979 and they toured pretty much nonstop until Sept. 1980. Who knows though, maybe they took no break and went directly into the studio and produced Mirage in one year all while La Nicks simultaneously finished BD and rehearsed and did her mini tour for BD.

I think you think I am saying that the Mirage songs were done, completed, in the can, etc. prior to the release of Tusk. I am not and did not. I am just saying that some, not all, of the songs could have been worked in one form or another on prior to the release of Tusk and the subsequent tour and La Nicks' production and very brief BD tour. They could have worked on them individually or as a band. This is not beyond the realm of possibility.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 05-09-2009 at 05:31 PM..