View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Exactly. Right before the final blowout, they were supposed to have a band get together, but Lindsey either never showed up or drove there, but never went and drove off. I think Mick was ready to move on then, but gave it one last shot, which didn’t go so well. Even Lindsey says he left in 1987.
No, no, no. I'm gonna stand by my opinion that he was canned. He was canned specifically because the band was adamant about touring behind Tango.
  1. The album was a big hit.
  2. The band put the gears in motion to go on the road.
  3. Lindsey's experience in the studio was very unpleasant, and he figured that all that toxicity would be carried into the live environment.
  4. The others persuaded him to tour. He agreed under personal duress, feeling extremely ambivalent.
  5. After agreeing, the band booked everything.
  6. Lindsey told the others that, despite his earlier agreement, he couldn't stomach it.
  7. The others put his feet to the fire, telling him that they planned to tour with or without him.
  8. Emotionally anguished, he backed away.
  9. They immediately hired replacements.

He was canned. Had they all agreed NOT to tour at that time, he wouldn't have quit. He would have had no reason to quit. It was the idea of the tour that sickened him. He and the band probably would have taken another long break from one another, while he hoped that the drug addicts in the band got treatment.

moviekinks.blogspot.com