View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m not boycotting this tour. The new lineup is something I find to be compelling. I would probably skip it if they had gotten lame replacements, but they really outdid themselves. Either way, I gave up on Fleetwood Mac being anything other than an oldies act with their album being credited to LBCM, so the whole “legacy” thing people are hung up on now kind of rings hollow.

I saw the SYW tour three times (the bookend shows and one in between) and really enjoyed it, but I skipped the 2009 and 2013 tours. As much as I love Fleetwood Mac, I just got burned out on the SN-LB story line, Lindsey’s constant stream of psychobabble, Stevie’s grandiosity, and constantly asking if it’s live or is it Memorex. There was no balance and nothing especially compelling to make me want to go.

I reached my breaking point at a 2006 Lindsey solo show when he said something along the lines of he realized a dream of his wasn’t going to come true and that he needed to give himself time to mourn the loss of that dream. I was working as a social worker at a homeless shelter at the time and mourning the recent loss of my uncle, so the comment especially rubbed me the wrong way. It was a Saturday night and I wanted to see a rock show and forget about things for a while. It didn’t happen at the Lindsey show, so I went home and put on Guided by Voices, which turned out to be life changing.
Cool stories, thanks for sharing your insight. I will check out Guided by Voices this week.