View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No.

I'm hugely excited to see Fleetwood Mac with Mike Campbell.
I was crushed when I heard the news -- I don't know anyone else on this planet who's a bigger Buckingham fan than I am; but I'm also a huge music fan in general -- and that's why I've always been drawn to the band. I go for the music.
The manufactured drama and the drug addition stories -- it never interested me.

The songs interest me and they've been under my skin since I was a young teenager, before Tusk came out. The only other band that I thought might be better as a live act is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. So having Mike step in is sort of a fantasy. But I would have rather had him in the band along with Lindsey.

It'll be fun. One of the best things about growing older is you stop micro-managing life. And you stop taking everything so seriously. And you stop making everything about yourself.
The majority of Fleetwood Mac fans are on board with this move. A little shell-shocked, but definitely curious. We have to remember how small a fraction of fans are represented on social media.
And then there are the Tom Petty fans, who seem to be over the moon about this new line up.

The Burnette/Vito years were very bland. Neither of them are great singers, and their playing is pretty paint-by-numbers. Mike Campbell has an amazing sound with muscle to spare. He'll blow the roof of arenas on this tour, and I can't wait.