View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools View Post
I agree with what the opening poster has said.

Before Stevie & Lindsey even joind

We had;
Peter Green, Danny Kirwin, Jeremy Spencer, Bob Welch, Bob Brunning, Dave Walker, Bob Weston

Then Stevie & Lindsey joined

1987 - Lindsey quit/was fired

I do recall any ' there is no FM without Lindsey' (I may be wrong)

Billy & Rick joined and in my opinion the Tango tour was excellent

After Behind the Mask Tour/record & Time Christine left.
Again i do not recall any of this rubbish 'there is no FM without Christine'

Now we have have another new line up
To me this is interesting, hopefully a much more varied set list.

To all LB fans( this is no slight)

Why do you think there is no Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey?

As far as i am concerned, as long as Mick & John are happy to continue then Fleetwood Mac lives on

Fleetwood Mac was a successful band long before Buckingham and Nicks and they made some great music. But...it wasn't in the same ball park as the Rumours-era band. It is the definitive line up.

Lindsey wasn't fired in 1987. He made the decision himself. Thus, the same sort of backlash didn't occur back then (aided by the lack of internet).

In 1987 there was time for a new band to develop. There was always the option to make new music and continue touring as a viable band. Now, they are old. Beyond a long tour there seems little likelihood of them making new music, certainly not as an ongoing, long-term concern.

Many people would consider the Tango tour to be relatively lacklustre (I cant speak from person experience, however).

Lindsey made Fleetwood Mac cool again. Its hard to see the new band as being the same sort of cool.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood