View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 01:43 PM
Registered

Unlike 1987, I'm not sticking around to watch this train wreck. I've already seen it. People who don't think history repeats itself are deluding themselves. This will be a disaster.

At least in 1987 it was plausible to think that Fleetwood Mac still had a future and had opportunities to expand creatively. But now? What, have they taken so much drugs that they actually think they are immortal? And seriously, will they allow Finn or Campbell to dictate matters? Lindsey's Mac succeeded because he was in Mick's terms a "martinet" who compelled everybody to get things done properly his way. Yes he was a monomaniac control freak--but to get this bunch of people to accomplish anything he needed to be. Time was a "democratic" album--heck, didn't Christine have her own guitarist?--and look how awful, awful that was.

I remember the band saying how much more fun it was to make Behind the Mask than Tango. Is there anything on BTM remotely resembling Little Lies or Everywhere or Big Love? Even WTTRS was better than anything there.

So that's that then. In hindsight this band should have died thirty years ago. It is now a Dead Band Walking. It's about time to stop pretending it is still alive. Lindsey worked hard to create that illusion, and at his best he almost succeeded. With him gone, they have no chance.