View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
This is going to take a huge blow in a live setting, however (because, ya know, Stevie gets butts in those seats).
I think it could have worked in 1987, when their new music was still relevant and the band name had more weight as creative (not oldies) unit. "Rumours" wasn't always brought up in interviews, and was definitely not the main focus of the interviews if it was brought up. Christine and Lindsey were at the top of their games on "Tango," but Stevie was pretty rough. "Tango" would have still been a hit without Stevie. I think Fleetwood Mac looking and sounding good and Stevie Nicks not so much would have made the parting of ways understandable in the public's eyes and the band could have survived. They would have had to continue ONLY as a quartet, though.

Today, the band is mostly synonymous with Stevie, and they've been playing up the drama of "Rumours" and the Stevie-Lindsey relationship for so long that I just don't see it working now without Stevie. But, I don't think Christine or Lindsey would want to do a project without her at this point.

THE Stephen Hopkins