View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't think Mick confused songs in his book because its pretty clear Stevie IS on Little Lies even though its a small part. Stevie was upset about songs she was not on. Mick never stated they layered in her voice. That would have been insulting to her and the band. Its speculation that after she returned and threw a fit that it happened.
If I remember, the situation happened just as Stevie returned to the studio after rehab and the album was almost finished. Stevie was listening to the album and threw a fit and threatened the band to tell Rolling Stone she had nothing to do with the album. She picked Everywhere and said "that should be me singing background" Christine was having none of it after having a few glasses of wine and yelled at Stevie "I wanted you to be on Everywhere but you were not here'
I don't have a copy of his book anymore, do you? I could have sworn he specifically says they "layered" her vocals in, but I admit I could be wrong it's been many years.

Of course it's clear she's on "Little Lies" but the backing vocals on "Everywhere" all blend into each other. You never hear any of the distinguishing Stevie Nicks features pop out, and by 86-87 her voice was pretty easy to pick out due to how haggy it was. If she's on there it's not in any kind of way that makes a difference, to my ear anyway.