View Single Post
Old 05-14-2002, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool The White Album

This was the album that brought me into the Mac...like the Dance was for sooo many, sooo many years later. I guess you could call this the battle of the albums that introduced a new fan base into the Mac.....the battle of the generations.

I can certainly appreciate what the Dance did for Fleetwood Mac in 1997...it was a great reunion...one we never thought would take place. And yes, "Silver Springs" finally made it front and center.

BUT for me, the White Album will always be #1. It was the FIRST LP I ever bought...LOL. I must have played that thing a million times, and it shows. Where else can you find songs like "World Turning"(one of my favorite Mac songs ever), "Blue letter"(Lindsey singes on this one), and "Crystal"(one of the best S/L romance songs )...... not to mention the HITS...."Over My Head", "Rhiannon, and "Say You Love Me". It was the album that introduced us to Lindsey's guitar prowess on "I'm So Afraid"(the GUITAR GOD) and Stevie's beautiful "Landslide"...a song that would become a "hit" in its' own right. I think this will always be my favorite Mac album...win or lose......but, if you love me vote for the Dance and if you hate me, well ignore this post.......

Joe

Last edited by jwd; 05-14-2002 at 08:57 PM..