View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
I don't agree that Dave Mason's material is "poor"...those two songs sound just like all his other material...
Lyrically, maybe. His lyrics could go from cliché to downright cheesy, but his delivery was such that you never really noticed or cared. His songs, for me, are very similiar to those of Christine McVie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
either of those songs could fit seamlessly on either It's Like You Never Left or Split Coconut (my two favorites of Dave's solo material after Alone Together) It just is odd because "that" sound was then part of Fleetwood Mac.
I can't say that I hear anything close to "It's Like You Never Left" or "Split Coconut" with either of his "Time" songs. Both of those albums (like all of his albums, really) had a much more AOR feel than either of those songs. Then, suddenly he's Mr. Hard Rocker??? Even his last studio solo album, "Two Hearts," was more AOR and could easily have fit in with the Fleetwood Mac sound. What Mason actually did with the Mac came off as cheesy. FWIW, "Every Woman," "Headkeeper," and "She's A Friend" would have fit in well with Fleetwood Mac. (Imagine Stevie harmonizing on "Headkeeper." 'Twould have rocked!)

THE Stephen Hopkins