View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've never searched for Fleetwood Mac on iTunes since I own every Mac/solo album in CD/LP form. It is strange all of the Pre 1970 & post 1975 albums are present, yet no 1970-1974 albums are. I have a couple of guesses:

1) Maybe there is some sort of lawsuit involving Wendy Welch in regards to Bob's royalties since his passing? Perhaps she's holding Bob's rights as a way to strong-arm Fleetwood Mac into getting Bob inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame?

2) Perhaps the Welch era albums are in the process of being remastered/rereleased? I know albums which are about to be remastered/rereleased go into Out Of Print status beforehand.

3) Could Warner Bros/Fleetwood Mac management be attempting to streamline Fleetwood Mac history by simplifying it?

I'm hedging my bet on some aspect of #1 being correct.
Interesting. #2 reminds me of when Stevie said that her albums were being remastered, and then they all went OOP. They even got 'new' release dates on Amazon, which turned out to be the same old CDs we've had all along.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case