Thread: Time
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And now I'm writing here because I finally listened to this strange album...

Hi! During this quarantine time I've been searching for other FM albums that were really unknown for me, like Kiln House, Behind The Mask and this one too. And I liked it! Of course it can't be compared with our most favourite albums, but I think it's good.
It's hard to know how start with this, uffff...
It was a strange line-up. I can't understand the mix of musicians, but the result was...yeah, good, I guess.

- Christine's work was simply amazing. After listening to the Buckingham-McVie album, I'm still impressed with some things that sound very similar in both albums (am I crazy?). And she took perfectly the fact of the Compact Disc and the chance to put longer songs in one album. Sooner Or Later is the best example, and I think it's her best song. I Do and Nights In Estoril are other really really great jobs (And don't tell me that Hollywood does not sound like a Buckingham/McVie song!).

- The Mason/Bramlett/Burnette work is good. Talkin' To My Heart, Blow By Blow, I Wonder Why sound really great!! And I Got It In For You is woooah an amazing song!!
I'm really convinced that Billy would have a better fate with the band if the times -errrr- where he played were not times where FM was not important at all, and other bands and styles were sounding better. Maybe the same with Bekka and Rick, because Dave...you know, he had a story with Traffic so maybe this FM experience wouldn't steal some reputation...

- These Strange Times. I love the song. I love the fact that Fleetwood speaks, his daughter and Bekka did backing vocals, he plays (really??) the guitar, and of course, that it's a long song, a good way to close. I like long songs as the closing moments for an album. And, in a time where bands like Era, Enya and others were playing a lot with backing vocals, I find the voices of Lucy and Bekka with this style of sound.

That's all I guess!

Mark.