View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I sincerely doubt this will be the type of situation where Sheryl Crow "JOINS" Fleetwood Mac. Joins Fleetwood Mac on the stage, sure. Becomes a member of Fleetwood Mac? Why? Why would she? She's got her own career. Sure, she'd be stoked to sing with the members of her favorite band, but when it comes down to it, her name is her brand just like Fleetwood Mac's name is their brand. She's not going to give that up... she's got her own albums to sell.

This could potentially be a very big tour for FM, with quite a bit of publicity because of Sheryl, thanks to VH1. That can be a good or bad thing for the fans, but this argument of "selling out" just needs to be buried. In most of the world's mind, FM is a sell out for the simple fact that the same few songs have been pounded in everyone's face on soft rock radio. They don't have **** to prove - the experimental album(s) have already been done - so why anyone here would act like they do is completely beyond me. It's about money for them, no bones about it, and I don't hold it against them. That is a boatload of money to say "no" to. Would I like an album full of ridiculously good FM songs? Definitely. Is it going to happen? Nope! They're owned by the label, and any time Lindsey makes an attempt at branching out a little, the Stevie faction doesn't "like" it, or doesn't "get" it.. or the guitar guys don't like his "mediocre" playing enough. And likewise for the Lindsey fans (like me) who like his works, but think the newest Stevie songs screw up the record.

There's no winning situation for this band when it comes to its fans. The most they can do is hit the road and hope we like it. It's just that this time, apparently it's about what it's going to take to get Stevie Nicks on the stage. And FM isn't going to do **** without Stevie from now on, so we just may as well accept it.