Thread: I need books!
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Chelsea Handler books are really funny if you dig her type of humor. They are short stories so they are a pretty quick read and good bathroom material.

If you read a lot of chick lit, you have probably read or heard of a few books that I enjoyed which are "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb and "Love Invents Us" by Amy Bloom. I also enjoyed Elizabeth Wurtzel's "Prozac Nation." I'm thinking those are pretty standard chic lit.

I also really enjoyed Frank McCourt's "Angela's Ashes" and his follow up books that I can't remember the names of right now. His brother Malacay McCourt also wrote an autobiography which is very interesting because although he and Frank grew up together their tales of the same events vary. Also, Frank grows up to have more of a shame based personality due to adversities of his childhood, Malacay basically said my childhood sucks and being poor sucks and not being anyone that matters sucks and I'm going to make more of myself. Franks book are better than Malacay's though.

I love biographys because...welll, I guess cause I'm nosey.

He asked me for my love
And that was all