View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Gldstwmn, hey, I see you're still supporting Kerry. He's very sad. He's trying to pull a Clinton during the debate by walking forward on stage, then gets in the shadows where the camera can't quite pick him up. He goes on Meet the Press earlier in the day and Tim Russert, not exactly an aggressive questioner, skewers him over his position on Iraq and his attacks on Dean.

If I remember correctly, Tim rightly pointed out that Kerry blasted Dean for saying the capture of Saddam wouldn't stop the terrorist attacks. Or something like that. Then Tim points out that Kerry not only voted for the resolution giving Bush the go ahead to start the war but also has said that Iraq has turned into a hotbed for terrorists since the war. Tim rightly asked him how he can reconcile these obviously inconsistent positions. Kerry counters with some lame nonsense about context, and by the time he gets to his second sentence, you can actually hear a collective yawn from two thirds of the viewing audience echoing across America. How truly sad. Pack it up, Johnny boy, time to go home.

Braun made some excellent points during the debate, even coming to the defense of Dean and sparring with Sharpton. She's got integrity. I bet she'll play a role in the Dean administration.
Clark, baby. Although I do still like Mr. Kerry very much. In fact, I like all of them except for HoDe.