View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was hoping it wasn't true, but it became more and more obvious with each day.. Can't believe I'm saying it, but f*ck them. This is wrong and they should be ashamed of themselves. They just lost the only true artist left in the band. May he continue his incredible late-career solo prolificness. They have turned themselves into what 99% of dinosaur rock bands are at this point in their careers- an oldies cash-grab act that has abandoned integrity. I realize they have been on that path for quite sometime, hell, mostly already there.. but with Linds on board, there was at least a constant push for new material, to be artists.. Now they've gone full shill on us. And after Chris returned, against all odds, for what should have been the graceful closing out of their legacy, with the classic lineup intact. You couldn't pay me to go see them now. And I've paid thru the nose to see them, 5 times. Hopefully this means I'll get to see my 4th Lindsey Buckingham solo show soon, though!I will be at every performance I can make, monetarily/schedule permitting.
I will always love the 5 fireflies, what they did at their peak, who they used to be.. Lindsey’s just the only one who cares about creating anymore. He’s the backbone & the brain behind this era, and this is coming from someone who loves all three songwriters equally. He brought out the best in all of them, musically speaking of course. His arrangements & playing are the template of this lineup, the Fleetwood Mac sound. They’re a cover band without him.
I may or may not have had some Team Lindsey : Never Break The Chain shirts custom printed for my Mac fan friends and I