View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I think Stevie is just throwing around her power to get what she wants. She doesn't want to sit in the studio and do 5,000 overdubs, so she's off doing a solo tour while all that groundwork is being laid. A remarkably short solo tour that will easily allow her to join the band in the studio immediately following the holidays. She's sent up warning flares about how she and Lindsey have gone in diverging musical directions; yet her absence right now is giving the band ample time to craft their songs into a sound that would be palatable to Stevie.

I always want to stab my fellow chiffonheads when they wield this quote, but "don't listen to her, listen through her." Like others have said, Stevie is the star of this band. She would not dare allow that limelight to be shifted away from her by not participating in the first Fleetwood Mac album in nearly a decade and a half. She's just making sure she has a firm grip on the proceedings before she signs on.

I saw that interview. I think that just goes back to Say You Will. I feel like she just didn't like anything about that album or the process of making it. She and Lindsey have gone in different directions musically but that started with Tusk and they still made albums after that. Tusk itself is a masterpiece in my opinion, and her songs on Mirage were fine, Gypsy especially is a classic and she was hardly even there for Tango. I disagree with what she said about how they used to be on the same page, I feel like that band was very rarely ever on the same page.

I think it's what you said, the 'overdubs'. She doesn't have the patience. So hopefully you're right, that she'll come in at last minute. But even then I feel it would be sad if she didn't want to be there and her efforts are half-assed. And I don't want her to be grumpy about it on the tour and then complain later.