View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation MAC FAN

From what I understand Mac Fan, Bekka has had some record deals on the table but it's the old story of them saying to her "we want you to do this, change that (etc.)" and she just wants to be herself so she's decided to go it alone for now until maybe (hopefully) a smaller, more flexible label comes along. I think it's a great thing to stand up for your "musical rights" and I really respect her for that. As I say, I may be wrong but I think this is why it is being "privately pressed" and sold on line (as opossed to being done through a "big label").

I'm sure you wouldn't be the only non US fan to be interested in the CD so if a bunch of you write to the webmaster there saying you'd like to buy it but can't pay in the current options then maybe something else could be worked out (it worked for me when I e mailed the PGSG people for the PGSG "Blues don't change" CD) or perhaps one of your friendly US ledgie buddies could help you out with the "transfer".

I agree that it would be "easier" if it was in the stores but even then, I have some trouble finding some things at my local retailers (when I go in to Boston) and they are pressed by not huge, but well known American labels and I end up having to have to order then online anyways so it must be the way of the future I guess since some retailers only seem to want to more or less only carry the "top 40" stuff on their racks (sigh).

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 01-10-2003 at 03:48 PM..