Thread: Unexpected FM
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 02:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Not sure how many of you listen to the podcast "My Favorite Murder," but a few weeks ago, they aired a live show from Milwaukee. During the introduction where the two women are just chatting before getting into their stories, they're talking about how the tour has gone and what traveling the country has been like. After telling a story about eating at a Cracker Barrel, Karen Kilgariff said (for reference, the podcast is hosted by Karen, Georgia Hardstark, and Steven is the name of their production assistant):

"So, Steven planned my travel, and Georgia planned her own travel. So we ended up at different hotels, which is super weird and makes it look like we’re Fleetwood Mac and we hate each other. Like, that’s what I would think if I was like 'Oh, she’s staying there, and she’s staying there? Oh, this must be bad!'"

Then later, when Georgia was telling a story about how she got ready for the show by putting make-up on in a Honda Civic on the way to the theater, Karen described her as the more "grounded" of the two of them. "You're the one that's grounded and real. You're the Christine McVie of this situation, for sure."

For those interested in tracking it down, it's episode 181 Live at the Riverside Theater in Milwaukee. The Christine remark is around the 16-min mark and the Fleetwood Mac reference might be 5 or so minutes before that.