View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Ledgie

Default Let's all cast "Rumours: The Movie"

I think the making of Rumours could be great subject for a damn compelling movie. The story behind the making of it is so famous I can't believe it's not been done already.

Who could play the parts? I reckon Bradley Cooper would be a good fit for Lindsey Buckingham and Katie Sackhoff would be an interesting and leftfield choice for Stevie Nicks. David Tennant could make a believable John McVie and Sophia Myles could be Christine McVie. Throw in Liam Neeson as Mick Fleetwood and that's a hell of a cast you've got right there.

The most logical director who springs to mind to make it? Probably Martin Scorcese. He's quite big on 70's music and directed the excellent Rolling Stones documentary Shine A Light. It seems right up his street. The only thing I'd worry about is him trying to shoehorn Leonardo DiCaprio into one of the main roles. However, I wouldn't mind seeing DiCaprio in a supporting role as a studio exec or something.

The film could start as they are getting back from touring the Fleetwood Mac album and are going into the studio to start Rumours. Then of course all the problems kick off with the personal relationships disintegrating, the drugs, the excess and all of that. Really concentrate on the human drama of everything. Of course, it will end with Rumours being released and being a critical and commercial smash. Before the end credits there is a title card briefly explaining the rest of the band's history up till present day - and ends with ACTUAL footage of the REAL band playing The Chain live to an audience. Cue end credits.

I personally think there is really something there. What about you guys?