View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think there's a difference between salacious gossip and matter of fact stories about the recording of Say You Will, or the taping of the Dance concert for MTV, for example, and both of which took place in the last 35 years. And do you know Stephen and Mick aren't best mates? I don't know either way, but since Mick bared his personal life for Stephen for many years, including updated versions of his autobiography, I would say they were close. But feel free to cite your sources that they aren't best mates.

And like you alluded to, Mick could have told him anecdotes or stories about or involving Stevie that never made it into Mick's book, perhaps because they were more about Stevie than Mick. A writer like Stephen Davis would keep every little piece of scrap paper or note he ever took with Mick.

No, I don't have any sources to suggest they aren't best mates- but neither do you have anything to suggest they are. Mick was obviously open with Davis for the benefit of his book- that is a business dealing. That's to say Mick was benefiting from what was written. I'd give Mick some credit for being a bit more savvy about saying anything about Stevie now- he's not always the brightest but he'd be aware about not doing anything to p!ss Stevie off now.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood