View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Don't apologize, Sam. As a fan, I have to say I actually was never very interested in the B/N drama element of things. It's never excited me whatsoever. I just dig those vocal harmonies.

Is Chris receptive to the idea of recording? Serious question. I wasn't aware that the idea had been brought up with her recently. But then, I don't follow her that closely.

I don't think I've ever picked up on that fondness/bonding that you seem to see between them. But I do agree they write damn well together. And, especially with Everywhere enjoying unprecedented popularity, the world is certainly ready for more Christine in the studio.
Even the vocal harmonies I don't really dig anymore. While I enjoy Lindsey's voice now, Stevie especially plays it too safe nowadays (and a bit too nasal for my taste). With Chris, I know she's gonna play it safe, but you can't really change much with her kind of voice.

Mick says in one of the M&Gs she's writing new music, so I'm inclined to think she is definitely interested with the recording/writing side of things. Else she would just be cooking and putting around in her garden or playing with her dogs.

The bond is certainly more familial and respectful than anything. Maybe a little flirty at times, especially around Tusk/Mirage. But their fundamental common ground is their musical chemistry and for them not to capitalize on this is frankly, quite criminal.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie

Last edited by applebucked; 09-22-2013 at 09:00 AM..