View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This is no different from what he's always said when he elaborates. Back when he first started saying she "burned her bridges" he would say that she sold her house and moved to England, pulled up stakes. So, whenever he talks about it at length, that's the way he has explained himself and talked about Christine's exit for years now. He also said he sympathized with her wanting to go, because he'd been in that place himself before. In fact, he said that he was the only one in the band who did understand the need to leave.

It's just that most of the time he doesn't explain (or the interview is so short that that part is not there). So, we just get the "burned her bridges" part. And I don't know why he keeps saying that, since he must know what the connotations of that phrase are. But I suppose that's how he keeps himself amused.

Michele
I often find him in interviews not finishing thoughts... so he will start off talking about a subject... then side track himself.... and you're only left with the incomplete ramblings like... "burn bridge"