View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
I read some comments by Mick Jagger not long ago where he said the Stones probably aren't going to do any new studio albums. He said when a band does a new album they usually devote the majority of any gigs afterward to material from that. Now that's cool for a band that hasn't been around as long and doesn't quite have that same status... but with a band like the Stones - people at the gigs want to hear the old classics. Stuff that they know and can sing along to. Jagger I guess finds that a little dissapointing - but still wants to please the fans.
excuses excuses....

This is exactly what makes Fleetwood Mac so special - they are still making music after all this time. Ok they could have done more in the last 15 years -but they've had solo careers too, with new music, which has kept many fans happy. One of the reasons I am so into this band is that you are never sure what's going to happen next. With the Stones you know its going to be all the oldies, and as much as I love some of those, it doesn't keep me interested in them. I'm over the moon that FM will be making a new album, with Christine, no matter how it turns out.