View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post

And, unlike you Michele, I don't collect the interviews but that dinner sticks in my mind and I can't remember where I read it. I may try and google some keywords to see if I can dig it up.
Yes, I think a google search should bring it up. People post articles here all of the time contemporanously, predating the SYW tour and there's no post saying they actually had a dinner and Lindsey didn't come here. Although there are posts from people, like yourself, saying that they think they read it somewhere and can't remember where.

In fact, all the posted articles and interviews I have are of Mick talking about planning to have dinner with Christine -- she would be making it for them -- but then they don't talk about what happened afterwards. Christine talks about seeing them all and how tired they looked. John talks about the rumor that Christine would perform and says that that was never going to take place. We also have a picture of them from the SYW tour (but not Unleashed), but I don't see anything that says they had dinner, much less that they had dinner and everyone failed to come but Lindsey.

As far as Lindsey being more generous now, if you want to point out anything that he's saying today as an example, I can find an interview where he said the same thing 10 years ago. I have them all right here and his comments about Christine haven't changed. So, tell me what you mean and I'll find you the quote.

I mean he said how much he loved and missed her back then and talked about her leaving too, explaining what he meant by burning her bridges. He did talk about her leaving not hurting their stage show, making it more manly, etc., back then, which is not something he's harping on in the interviews from the last couple of weeks.

Michele