View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
ps. "Some of the reasons for that, I don’t exactly grasp, but, you know, what are you going to do?" - Again with this line. What is it that went on? My opinion is that there must be something here, as he is repeatedly using this 'I don't get it' line for some of her reasons for getting the hell out of Dodge.
Besides the "great singer" comment, which I thought was for Stevie (and good points about how Lindsey's voice has changed too), I thought this one was an interesting comment of his. Speaking about Christine's move: "Some of the reasons for that, I don't exactly grasp, but, you know, what are you going to do?" I think something must be there, too...I still think the band hasn't ever given the full story of what went on publicly. They still always go back to the same Rumours relationships breaking up talk, but haven't really gotten into what their relationships were like in 1997, for instance. I'm not sure if we'll ever get the truth. But there's certainly the Grammy story and the theory behind Thrown Down that Lindsey and Stevie had rekindled their relationship in an affair when Lindsey found out his girlfriend was pregnant. Who knows what Christine went through for The Dance and the tour? Maybe there were some fights. Maybe she was sick of the band's antics, just dealing with everyone (like in the only interview the five of them did together for The Dance) or was upset with how her facelift made her look on the video?

Last edited by bethelblues; 05-14-2013 at 09:39 AM..